Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Settling In...

While I wait for the professional wedding pictures to come in (and while I wait to get my camera from my parents house so I can post pics of the honeymoon), I wanted to update you guys on life as a married woman.

Realizing that I am no longer an "Edwards" has thrown me for a loop. Half of the day I spend my time saying  and signing "Jessica Edwards" while the other half I remember that I am now "Jessica Ackerman".  I have practiced writing my name on paper just like a teenage, love-sick girl would do on her English notebook during 3rd period.

We have consolidated our possessions, well most of them at least. We have an extensive library that includes many classic literature books, books that are older than our grandparents, books for our childhood and randoms. The back hallway is our "library" with three tall black bookshelves and two small white bookshelves jammed packed with literature.

The kitchen was our first point of contention during our first day of home life. Joseph is used to having roommates, thus the house was put together in his fashion. Two cabinets full of beer glasses? Completely normal for a bachelor. Bur for a married couple? Not so much. It took him a minute to concede that we really did not need two full cabinets full of glassware. I will be honest. I might have pouted a little a lot.

After we got the beer glasses consolidated to two shelves in one cabinet, we were able to place our nice drinking glasses on one shelf in the same cabinet and move the dishes to the other cabinet which used to hold beer glasses.

We then made the top three cabinets our pantry and the bottom three cabinets storage for Tupperware (I still haven't figured out the best way of organizing tupperware...it seems impossible), bakeware and stock pots.

Now that things are organized in the room that we spend most of our time in (except the bedroom...hehe) the rest of the house seems to be falling into place.

Joseph has tackled both bathrooms, sheet-rocking behind the mirror, hanging mirrors, shelves and art, painting the walls and all around redesigning the bathrooms in a way that reflects a married couple instead of a bachelor.

It is encouraging to have a husband who is so great at home improvement. He takes our ideas and turns them into reality. Though we have a long list of things to accomplish, we have a lifetime to accomplish them.

Next up: House training an outside dog, re-grouting the kitchen floor, finishing Joseph's beer cellar, toe-molding the entire house and whatever else comes up!

3 comments :

  1. Wow you guys must have been busy Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys mist have been busy Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trauma counselling is any therapy effectively used to help people evolve positive coping mechanisms for their fears and anxieties. Individuals who seek professional help early on have the best chance of overcoming their issues and improving their mental health.

    If you’re persistently suffering from any of the symptoms listed below for weeks or months, you should seek help immediately

    ReplyDelete

UA-30960586-1