Sunday, July 17, 2011

Insomnia

I like definitions, so I will start this post by defining.

In.som.ni.a [in-som-nee-uh] -  inability to obtain sufficient sleep, especially when chronic;difficulty in falling or staying asleep; sleeplessness.

I have officially, unofficially self-diagnosed myself with this "disorder". Typically, I find it hard to go to sleep. Joseph is usually in snoozeland before I can say, "good night honey". (Seriously, his head hits the pillow and 5-seconds later he is out. Cold.)

My typical night looks like this:

10:30 pm - Lay down

10:35 pm- Turn over on my side

10:40 pm- Turn over on my other side

10:45 pm- Return to Go. Do not collect $200

11:00 pm - Count sheep that start out as cute, fluffy Serta sheep and end up as zombie sheep

11:05 pm - Pray that said zombie sheep don't eat me

11:15 pm - My mind begins to drift

11:30-midnight - At some point during this time, I fall asleep

2:31 pm - My mind drifts out of dreamland

2:32 pm- Elbow Joseph to deter him from snoring

2:33 pm- Lie awake until the cycle comes back around (minus the zombie sheep)

Almost every night this cycle occurs and for some reason I always wake up between 2:15 and 3:00 am and have the hardest time falling back into blissful slumber.

Oh to be Sleeping Beauty or Snow White; to fall asleep and stay that way, maybe not eternally, but at least for an 8 hour period.

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-30960586-1