Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If a Picture Paints a Thousand Words...

I have been waiting, longing and anticipating to write this post. The truth is...is that I love photography. I browsed photography Web sites for over two months looking for ideas, analyzing how much photographers go for these days and basically fawning over gorgeous photos.

One thing I quickly noticed is that it would be almost impossible to get a photographer for the wedding for under $1,000. And that was solely for wedding day coverage. I understand that most photographers are worth it. They put a ridiculous amount of creativity and effort into each photo, into editing and into making Bride & Co. happy.

Looking at our budget I knew that we wouldn't be able to afford the type of photographer I wanted. I always heard brides say, "prioritize what is most important to you. If it is food then spend a large portion of your budget on food. If it is flowers, spend a huge portion on flowers." Well, photography is the most important aspect of a wedding to me and with the prices I was seeing on the Web I knew that I would have to sacrifice the one thing that was truly important.

But it is amazing how God works. My friend Mary got married in May and throughout our conversations about wedding planning she mentioned how her awesomely-funny, amazingly-talented, magazine editor sister was wanting to get into wedding photography.

After a brief discussion with Joseph, we decided to go for it. We got an amazing deal of engagement photos, bridal portraits, rehearsal dinner photos and wedding day photos. I couldn't believe that our photographer was being so gracious.

While we were nervous at first, our first session with Beth and her husband Daniel proved to be a success. We were comfortable (though terribly hot).

Here is a little sneak peek of our engagement session:



Next up I will post a little bit more about our engagement photo shoot!

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-30960586-1