Monday, May 24, 2010

Carnation Carnage

I hate carnations...with a passion. I hate the way they smell, the way they look, the way they taste...well just kidding on the taste.


However, while casually browsing floral ideas on my lunch break (okay...it wasn't my lunch break but I don't take smoke breaks so this was my smoke break) I found these lovelies:



Source



Source


Oh just one more....



Source


Oh yes, please! Who knew that carnations could be so lovely, so uncharacteristic of themselves? After all when I think of carnations I think of:



Source


While some would think this arrangement was the bees knees, it reminds me of a funeral which doesn't give me warm fuzzies but rather cold feet.

Do carnations sound good to you? Well they did for Weddingbee.com bloggers: Mrs. Jellyfish; Mrs. Flamingo (disclaimer: photo may make you swoon!); Mrs. Lime and again Mrs. Lime.

With all of the inspiration how could one not use the dreaded carnation? Afterall the caterpillar did grow up to be a beautiful butterfly!

Did you find beauty in something that you originally loathed? Have you considered using your least favorite flower as a focal point?

2 comments :

  1. Appreciate this post. Thanks to sharing a very informative great blog about buy seeds online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and simple article about web design, Logo design Services Company Singapore and if you want to know more about professional designing services visit now and get in touch with our team to get an impressive design for your business websites.

    ReplyDelete

UA-30960586-1