Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's time...24 weeks and counting

I want to say thanks to everyone who has embraced my return to blogging but I feel the need to especially thank my friend LaTiffany for encouraging me to start blogging again. Thank you, lady.


I think it is about time I post a pregnancy update. So...I am pregnant! Again. It seems that for the past two years I have been pregnant which I suppose isn't such a bad thing, minus the six of those months that I spent nauseated.
We found out a week before Christmas that we are going to have another little girl. Her name is Charis Elizabeth and my hubs came up with her name. "Charis"(pronounced khar-ece but we will pronounce it more like care-ece) comes from the Greek Lexicon meaning "grace".
No belly photos this time around...




How far along? 24 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure. Though I feel as if I am gaining a lot with this pregnancy. With Gwen, I never really wanted to eat but with this little one, all I want is dessert. I gained only 21 pounds with Gwen and I am pretty sure I will gain more like 50 with this one! 
Maternity clothes? Yep. What they say about your belly growing quicker with the second pregnancy is completely true. 
Stretch marks? Just the ones that I had from my pre-preggo days. 
Sleep: Here's the thing about sleep, since Gwen was born I haven't really gotten much of it. She is still waking up 1-3 times a night, depending. It seems that Charis is more active during the night so I get to feel her move around a lot more since I am up with Gwen.
Best moment this week: Just feeling Charis move around. That is one of the things I missed most about being pregnant. 
Miss Anything? Not really. I feel like I am getting to be a pro at the pregnancy thing. I guess I do miss not having to go to the doctor. 
Movement: Charis is extremely active! I just wish that Joseph could feel her kick but that hasn't happened yet.
Food cravings: Chinese food. "What?", you say? Yes, I detested Chinese food when I was pregnant with Gwen. But that is the beauty of pregnancy...they are all different.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I feel nauseous on and off. Gwen's poopy diapers make me feel ill sometimes, but that happened even before I was pregnant.
Have you started to show yet: Yep[! Though some people still act shocked when I tell them that we are expecting again. I think they are just trying to be nice, otherwise they just think I am fat.
Gender: Girl! Which is exciting to me. I don't have to learn how to deal with boy parts, Gwen will have someone to be best friends with from the get-go, we will have tons of clothes between Gwen's and their cousin Raegan...but the poor girl will always get hand-me-downs.
Labor Signs: Not really, but I noticed that I contract sometimes when I pee.
Belly Button in or out? Innie! I am hoping it will stay in.
Wedding rings on or off? Off....they are so uncomfortable and way too tight.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. I have been a beast this time around, though I have gotten better over the past month or so...at least I think I have. I suppose Joseph is the real judge.
Things you love: I love dreaming about who she will be. I love thinking about the relationship Gwen and Charis will share. I love thinking about sleep. Most of all, I love her father.
Looking forward to:  Honestly, I am looking forward to the labor being over. Labor sucks. It isn't something to look forward to. People say, "oh but at least you have a baby afterwards" like it is a consolation prize. No...labor sucks. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-30960586-1